Urban Political View

"Sistahs Who Swing Their Swag".....

 
You ever wonder why some chicks ALWAYS seem to 'get-the-guy' and I don't mean any guy( a buck-toothed,one-legged prostitute can get any guy on the right night)
but 'THE' guy...you know "Mr. Wonderful"; good on paper and in person...staring at you lovingly over a romantic dinner that HE cooked in HIS five bedroom house...*sigh*( yeah, I'm STILL looking for that guy too, holla-back-at-me if you run into him...please!)
Well even though I personally have never had a problem finding men( good or bad, I do find 'em ),
I have noticed that I seem to have two types of girlfriends when it comes to the opposite sex:
Those that regardless of their cute factors can pull a good-lookin' man out of a ‘Melissa Etheridge-and-Queen Latifah concert ..AND then there are those ( ...again, regardless of cute factors) who couldn't hook a cutie off 'Bachelor Island' when she's got 1st class airline tickets for the Superbowl wearing a cheesy-nachos and beer scented thong underneath!


Okaaaay, I'm exaggerating but um,... not much.


So being the concerned and caring gal-pal that I am,
I couldn't help but wonder *WHY*…
Why can't some girls get the guy and why do some ladies ALWAYS have the 'one' plus a spare if the 'one' starts trippin'? Let's face it: some sistahs swing that swagga’, and some just... swing.
We ALL know that looks are a VERY important factor but not the only factor, except in cases where the man wants a living Barbie doll but outside of that you have to consider: personality, career, family background, libido, etc. I know of some chicks that are bringing home the bacon, cooking it up AND taking out the left-over grease afterward. ..And yet they still have no-manses!


So what’s the problem?
Okay, I’m no Steve Harvey but I'll take a stab at it, this may be a non-brainer for some women but we all have a friend in the remedial-romance class ( if not, the friend might be YOU!)


Soooooooo, here's my non-expert theory 1#
High self-esteem.
Some women just know they should be with a guy and that confidence they bring to the dating field makes them attractive. Ya' know it's like the line in the movie Field Of Dreams...."If you build it, they will come" and if you build-up and boost your OWN ego, they'll come…everybody wants a winner ( or at least are willing to buy into the hype of one)


Non-expert theory number 2# ....Attitude.
Bad or good, whichever one you have a man won't be able to forget that rather significant detail about you. Now I'll give you one guess and a gold star for winning if you know which one a decent guy prefers....
Non-expert theory number 3# ..... Cleanliness.
I'm not talking --crazy-anal-retentive-serial-killer--kinda' clean BUT I am also suggesting that even if your home or car would not qualify for "Hoarders", you may still wanna' tidy up your living space from time to time. While some of y'all are buying every freaky toy and new outfit from 'Victoria's Secret' every week, the REAL secret is you need to: change the sheets more often, hang your clothes up IN the closet actually, remember Lysol and not perfume-over-funk is your friend and finally wipe all the crap cluttering up your bureau into a basket with a lid( and that includes the teddy bears and other stuffed creatures, give 'em to your nephews,nieces, neighbors or somebody)


Non-expert theory number 4# Learn to cook.
This one isn't nearly as important as it used to be around your sweet, old nana's day but it doesn't hurt. I've never heard a guy say:" If only she'd stop making me all these home-cooked meals, I wanna' spend my paycheck on eating out every night this week!"....There's a reason why some men never leave home, they're hungry!


Non-expert theory number 5# :
Take care of business...in the room ( or rooms) that matters.
If you to ask which room, my lil' column ain't gonna' help ya' boo!
This should be the easiest one, but some girlies make it sooo hard ( and not in the good way either) It's just like the old Fats Waller song : "Find out what he likes and when he likes it..and let him have it just that waaaaay". There are certain things a gal has gotta' do ( and reasonably well) if she really likes a guy. You don't have to be 'Linda Lovelace' or 'Buffie-the-body' but if you are clueless, ASK or learn quickly as you go ( or rather cum). If you don't.....some one else will.
.....Well, I could go on but you'll just have to wait for the book ( hey, I can't give away ALL my secrets) Until then, check out this poem-excerpt by sistah' Maya Angelou, it explains a lot....


"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,they think I'm telling lies.    I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.


I'm a woman
Phenomenally.


Phenomenal woman,
That's me.


And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
a hive of honey bees...."

…..'NUFF SAID.
My Two Cents Worth.....
UCB

3 comments:

  1. LOL! You are hecka funny! Love your posts! I just started my blog. I like wit too. Anyway, looking forward to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Rishabelle!
    It's been a minute but hit-me-up with YOUR blog info so I can put it on my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU Rishabelle!
    It's been a minute but hit-me-up with YOUR blog info so I can put it on my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete

HOLLA' BACK........