Urban Political View

"Blame It On RIO"....


"Blame It On RIO...."
Guitars strum while Conga drums beat....
Quick fancy-foot work from festively painted feet...
Rhinestones and plumes over barely covered booties and breasts 
While I feasted on costumes of Brazil and all it’s beauty, his hands made me forget the rest…



"Do I STILL make you nervous?"
is what he sing-songed softly into my earlobe; his voice was soft...gentle... yet dripping with "swag" carrying the same strong, deep tenor that I'd admired in Freshman English so many years ago.


I didn’t answer just yet but rather slip& slided away from him to join in with 'las chicas-locas' dancing this funky, little line-dance everyone was hyped about doing in front of me,...some popular band playing a combo of rock & El Mariachi . He DID make me nervous and I needed a quick & fun diversion, so I danced solo for a moment.We were almost "One"--we had  been so close as we swayed, swerved and sort of grinded the night away at my  neighborhood's celebration of  ~Carnival~; "A Night In RIO".
I was in "Cielo latino" as my eyes hungrily took in all the sights and sounds of a culture that I normally have only a passing interest in. Everywhere I looked I saw evidence that the party-planners spared no expense to bring "Brazilian Flavor" to the event! I loved that every age group, every race, color and every socioeconomic group seemed represented there that night; from the wealthiest of the blue-blood wasps slumming it in the artsy-section of town---to the Hispanic-blooded man, woman and children I saw clearly familiar with celebrations of this caliber, whether eating, dancing , singing, laughing we were all having quite the fiesta---'Living Outside Our Box'! My date for the evening, a tall, glass of dark & sexy was quite familiar since his own blood is mixed with Portuguese, Puerto-Rican  and Black--he spoke alternately in Spanish patois & Black English as if he were 'home'.....um,by way of Jersey that is. My "Papi" couldn't have thanked me enough for suggesting we try out this indoor festival for our second date and every time his lips gently closed against my neck, my shoulders, the tip of my back and all through my hair--he showed his sincere gratitude!
In truth, I was so aroused from both him and the simpatico sea of  swirling bodies around me( one guy in front of me so close that he and I looked like a couple); all dancing, chanting, singing, screaming in rhythmic ecstasy around us that I truly wanted to take my date somewhere and 'thank him back'...like in the words of legendary crooner Lionel Richie: "All Night Long"
We weren't alone though....
We were a merry band of three that evening ( our fourth cancelled out): me, Papi and a mutual girl-friend who served not only as a fun,delightful and most welcome addition to our outing but also as a necessary buffer between our mounting lust as the music and erotic atmosphere seduced me to wanna' do things I knew I would regret in the morning...
"What did you ask me?"
 I two-stepped & swiveled back over to him and responded to his question coyly, eyes looking down as if to shield me from his smoldering sensuality and then finally up at him, direct. I knew all too well what he asked me and I knew all too well that we both knew what the correct answer was to that. Instead of answering me though we clasped hands and did a few amateurish Salsa steps together, not quite “Dancing With The Stars” but just as fun for us. Papi's hands slid smoothly up and down my waist as I wiggled and shimmied my hips, he squeezed my ass as a reminder that this dance we were doing was a metaphor for so much more:
We had been dancing around our 'unfinished business' for years...
We dated once back in college which led to a hot & heavy evening of sticky fumbling and me dancing around his couch and the fact that I was a virgin...and had a boyfriend...and was not prepared to take it all the way.
Years later I would see him at various parties with me always holding my partner's attention and him always holding mine from afar; he wasn't "The one who got a way" but rather I was and now I wanted to be caught...
He leaned in:
"I said…Do I STILL make you nervous?" 

I melted back into his arms, pushing myself completely into him as I turned my face next to his in the 'kissing position" and said simply 
"Yes."
Aiiiiiii.....Te quiero mas cuando baile conmigo....me encantaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLLA' BACK........